Custom Rifle Projects
For complete custom rifle projects we try to keep things simple and ask for $1500 down to start the project and the balance due when the project is completed. This deposit covers most (but usually not all) of our “out of pocket” expenses, such as receiver, barrel, trigger, etc. while we wait for all your parts to arrive. But we’re pretty easy to work with. If you want to put down more or need to put down less, just let us know your thoughts and we’ll do everything we can to accommodate your needs.
Custom Order Parts
We stock a lot of inventory but are also happy to order custom parts we don’t normally stock. Any parts custom ordered for you are nonrefundable. For example, want a Rock Creek 1:8 twist .30-caliber barrel? No problem! Happy to order it. But if something happens and you change your mind on your project we have no use for that barrel and it belongs to you. When ordering parts we do our best to give our customers a reasonable estimate on wait time for the parts. Please keep in mind we are at the mercy of our vendors and time estimates are just that – estimates.
Project Lead Times
Lead times vary. A lot depends on what parts, if any, we need to order. Lead times on actions, stocks and barrels can be anywhere from 3 to 12 months. We do stock quite a bit of inventory though so feel free to contact us and let us know what parts you want for your next project.
Once a project estimate is accepted we begin pulling parts from inventory for your project. We also order any additionally needed parts. If the project changes and we need to restock parts, a fee of up to 20% of the parts costs may apply. Custom ordered parts are nonrefundable.
Yep, we’re happy to work with you on a layaway plan for any in-stock Signature Series rifle. Take up to 90 days to pay off your rifle. Simply pick the rifle you want, give us a down payment and once it is paid off we’ll ship it to your dealer or you can swing by to pick it up. So, go check our Rifles Ready to Go section and call us to put yours on layaway today.
How it works…..
Layaway terms are simple.
- There are no additional fees for layaway.
- Deposit is 25% of the rifle price.
- Terms are NET 90. From the time you put down the deposit you have 90 days to pay off the balance.
- There is a 10% re-stocking fee if you change your mind. We’re taking you at your word that once you’ve put down money you are serious about taking that rifle home. We are storing the rifle until it is paid. We’re floating you an interest-free loan. So, if you decide you don’t want the rifle, hey we understand. But we ask you to understand we have to cover some of our losses. So, if you have to back out we keep a 10% re-stocking fee. Fair enough?
- If you don’t have the rifle paid off in the 90 days, first of all just talk to us. We’re willing to work with you as much as possible. But if 90 days has come and gone, we’re likely looking at a re-stocking fee and refund to you of what is left. Fair?